Monday, October 29, 2007

Thing #23: Saying Goodbye


Waving Goodbye
Originally uploaded by lat454205 / Lisa

I begin this final posting with a response to the "last but not least" in the list. My answer is a most definite "Yes!" - I would like another discovery program to be offered in the future. This independent-learning online tutorial format worked for me. It seems ideal to help us keep up with new technology. Professional gain in tech learning aside, I found it valuable (and fun!) personally to learn about Flickr, Zoho, podcasts, electronic books and the rest. The program had enough built-in guidance to let me accomplish most of the exercises on my own, and my grand colleagues/mentors helped me out with the rest. The only drawback - I wonder if others were like me who had to do some of this on my own time. We part-timers just don't have enough hours off the desk and even when we're off the desk, we have other responsibilities. Also, I'm pretty sure that, tech-challenged as I am, I had to spent much more time on the whole than was figured when assigning the CEU's. In a very positive final note and in response to another point in the list, a valuable outcome for me was rediscovering that with support, time and perseverance, new learning can happen and pay off handsomely in unexpected ways.

No comments: